- RSS Channel Showcase 5358412
- RSS Channel Showcase 5493180
- RSS Channel Showcase 3661012
- RSS Channel Showcase 1266788
Articles on this Page
- 03/19/14--12:47: _New Sewing Clipart,...
- 03/26/14--07:21: _Purple, Blue, Orang...
- 04/08/14--08:07: _Cheerful Medley Cli...
- 04/11/14--08:24: _Nautical Digital Pa...
- 04/14/14--07:17: _April Showers Cloud...
- 04/16/14--06:22: _Wristlet Purse Clip...
- 04/29/14--06:51: _Cupcake & Cakepop P...
- 05/01/14--06:40: _Tutorial: How to Co...
- 05/05/14--15:58: _Pink, Blue & Brown ...
- 05/12/14--09:31: _Yellow, Blue & Brow...
- 05/19/14--13:20: _Pool Party Clipart ...
- 05/27/14--06:45: _Glitter Baby Rattle...
- 06/02/14--08:44: _NEW! Magician Clipa...
- 06/04/14--07:08: _Tutorial: How to Co...
- 06/05/14--07:34: _Summer Breeze Digit...
- 06/11/14--07:31: _4th of July Clipart...
- 06/16/14--10:37: _Rainbow Pancake Par...
- 06/19/14--07:34: _Purple, Blue & Gree...
- 06/24/14--09:54: _Pink Blue & Gold Gr...
- 06/30/14--08:20: _Pop of Color Neon P...
- 03/19/14--12:47: New Sewing Clipart, Digital Papers & Umbrella Graphics
- 03/26/14--07:21: Purple, Blue, Orange & Green Digital Papers & Clipart Graphics
- 04/08/14--08:07: Cheerful Medley Clipart & Digital Papers
- 04/11/14--08:24: Nautical Digital Papers & Digital Tape Graphics
- 04/14/14--07:17: April Showers Cloud Clipart Freebie!
- 04/16/14--06:22: Wristlet Purse Clipart & Digital Papers
- 04/29/14--06:51: Cupcake & Cakepop Party Graphics
- 05/01/14--06:40: Tutorial: How to Color Match Text and Shapes in Photoshop Elements
- 05/12/14--09:31: Yellow, Blue & Brown Digital Papers and Other Clipart Goodies
- 05/19/14--13:20: Pool Party Clipart & Digital Paper Graphics
- 05/27/14--06:45: Glitter Baby Rattles Clipart Freebie!
- 06/02/14--08:44: NEW! Magician Clipart & Digital Papers
- 06/05/14--07:34: Summer Breeze Digital Papers & Clipart
- 06/11/14--07:31: 4th of July Clipart & Digital Papers
- 06/16/14--10:37: Rainbow Pancake Party Digital Graphics
- 06/19/14--07:34: Purple, Blue & Green Damask Graphics
- 06/24/14--09:54: Pink Blue & Gold Graphics Collection
New to the shop...sewing clipart & digital papers and umbrella graphics.
Hello everybody! New to the shop are purple, blue, orange & green digital papers, camera clipart, umbrellas, circle frames, digital washi tape & bunting graphics:
Happy Tuesday! New to the shop are polka dotted, striped & chevron frame tags, bunting, umbrellas & digital paper graphics.
Happy Friday! Just added to the shop are girl & boy nautical digital papers & washi tape graphics.
Happy Monday! It's rainy here in Chicagoland so I thought it was appropriate to have a rainy day shower cloud clipart freebie today! This little design features a chevron cloud and soft gray & blue raindrops.
Happy Wednesday! New to the shop are wristlet purse clipart graphics and matching digital papers.
Hello! Just added to the website are fun party graphics that feature cupcakes, cakepops, party hats, bunting & candles. Of course there are some matching digital papers too.
I think it's time for another tutorial, don't you all agree? :) In my last tutorial I promised to show you how to color match. I frequently receive emails asking for color codes to match my graphics. I don't include color codes with any of my sets but there is still an easy way for you to get them!
As with all my tutorials, I'll be showing you how to do this in Photoshop Elements.
To start I started a new file in PSE and "placed" my Kite Clipart in that. If you are new to placing files you can find another tutorial on that here.
From there I clicked on the little eyedropper tool in the upper left hand corner.
And then I clicked on the first color I wanted to color match which was the first purple ribbon on the tail of the kite. Once I clicked on that one of the boxes at the bottom of the toolbar menu (on the left) turned purple. The color was matched!
From there I decided to add some text to the document so I clicked on the type tool next (the little "T" on the toolbar) and then added text to the right of the kite. Since I had already selected the purple to color match the text automatically came up in that same purple.
I always like a little variety, however, so next I went back to my eyedropper tool and this time I clicked on the green ribbon on the tail to color match that. I then decided to highlight the word "to" and then I clicked on my green box at the bottom of the tool bar (same box where the purple had been). A new screen popped up asking me if I wanted to change the color to green & I clicked on "OK".
I then went back and decided to do the word "Color Match" in alternating colors. Even though this can be a little tedious, I would use the eyedropper tool to click on the color I wanted to use and then I would highlight the letter I wanted to change until I got everything just the way I wanted it. After that I colored matched the dark brown on the graphic and added some more text and broke up the lines a little bit differently (sorry...I didn't do a screenshot for each of these steps).
What if you want to add a shape though? That's pretty easy too. To do that you can go to the shape tool (I choose the heart) and just draw that wherever you want it. Since brown was the last color I had color matched my heart automatically came up in brown, but I really wanted it in purple.
No problem! To change the color I used my eyedropper tool & clicked on purple again and then I clicked on the paint bucket tool on the tool bar. From there a little bucket graphic came up which I placed over the heart & then clicked the heart to fill it with the new color. Easy peasy!
All done! But...what if you want to use the same color outside of Photoshop Elements? That can be done too! Stay tuned for part 2! :)
Happy Monday! Just added to the website are pink, blue & brown bunting, frame tags, digital washi tape & digital paper sets.
Last week I added a new pink, blue & brown collection to the shop and this week I've added a matching yellow, blue & brown set!
New to the website today, Pool Party clipart & matching digital paper graphics!
New freebie today! Glitter baby rattle clipart graphics in pink, blue & silver (with a little touch of gold too!).
Just added to the shop - magician clipart graphics & matching digital papers.
In my last tutorial I showed you how to color match text & shapes in Photoshop Elements, but what if you need to match colors outside of that? That can be done too!
First, if you are unfamiliar with the eyedropper tool please refer to my last tutorial here.
To get started you will want to open your graphic up in Photoshop Elements, click on the eyedropper tool & then click on the color to match. It should show up in a little box at the bottom of your toolbar. Below is an example image from my first color match tutorial:
The little number at the very bottom is called a hex code. You'll want to write this number down. Whenever you are working in another program that allows you to modify colors or if you want to use the color on your website or blog you (most likely!) will have the opportunity to change the colors by entering a new hex code. Since every application is different I can't say for sure where you will be able to find where to enter the hex code, but chances are as long as you can change colors on something, it will be there. :)
As an example, I went into my blogger template and typed in the hex code to change my post title color to purple.
Here's an example of how I could change the color on my website (FYI - I use Pappashop and you can do this in the "Fonts & Colors" page of your admin screen there).
What if you are drawing up your own graphics, however and need them to match? Here's an example of how I brought the color into Illustrator. I simply drew up a rectangle (yes, I know this is the most boring graphic ever, but I thought it would be OK for an example!). The last color I used in Illustrator was pink, so pink just naturally came up first.
See the little pink box at the bottom of the toolbar (just like the one in Photoshop Elements)? Click on that and the same color picker screen comes up. Simply type your hex color in the hex box:
And now your graphic is purple and has been color matched!
If you will be using the colors in your branding it will also be helpful to keep a copy on hand, especially if you work with any outside designers who may create any branding products for you. That way you can keep your colors as consistent as possible.
I hope this helps some!
New to the shop! Digital papers, bunting & digital tape graphics in blue and red-orange.
New to the shop - 4th of July bunting, circle frames, digital washi tape & digital paper graphics. All of the designs feature stars, stripes, chevron and polka dotted patterns.
Just added to the shop...purple, blue & green damask clipart graphics (bunting, frame tags & digital tape) as well as matching digital papers.
New! Pink, blue & gold digital papers, bunting and washi tape clipart graphics.